Sunday 26 June 2011

Forget-me-not

A friend of mine is organising a charity event and she asked me recently if I would mind lending my crochet skills to her project. I was a little concerned that she over-estimated my ability, but when she clarified that she just wanted me to make some little flowers I thought I'd give it a bash.


The pattern is for little Forget-Me-Nots, which are really quite cute. Each guest will get one. Well, that's the plan anyway - so far I've only made ten! My first attempt was with a 4mm hook, and it was far too big. I haven't any photos of the evidence as they were so bad I disposed of them! I got myself online and picked up a 2.5mm hook, and the result was much more positive:


It's much more fiddly than I'm used to - my crochet experience at this point is pretty much limited to that 4mm hook and double-knitting wool. It's getting easier by the flower, though. And it's been a nice confidence boost! I'm growing a little garden on my desk!


4 comments:

  1. Hello!
    These flowers are cute! well done :)
    Thanks for following my blog. I'm glad to now be a new reader of yours.
    xBeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have a long way to go with crochet and there are so many things I would like to try with it, I don't know where to turn first! Thank you for the encouragement.

    I'm new to your blog but I'm reading my way back through it and think it's beautiful - the content and the aesthetic. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- thanks for following my blog.
    I wish you lots of luck with yours and will be a keen follower.
    These little crochet flowers are so cute. ( I have the same Debbie Stoller book- and learned to crochet just before Christmas. I'm still learning and enjoying myself along the way!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I LOVE your blog. I started reading and got right back to the beginning and wished there was more! I am going to have to get the Amigurumi doll book, because those things are CUTE! Thanks very much for reading and commenting x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I love looking at your blogs, too. If you ask a question I will most likely reply within this comments section so please do check back. Either way I like popping over to your blogs to say hello, too!