Thursday, 24 November 2011
I decided to put up a little display line for my paintings, and my Banal Extra pegs seemed the perfect choice for it - they're so cute! You can also check out my sexy textured wallpaper. Ah, the joy of renting.
I can't believe it's a month to Christmas now. These past few weeks have gone by in a flurry of M&Ms and Battlestar Galactica marathons. Hey, November - where did you go?
Monday, 21 November 2011
Sunday, 20 November 2011
|Craving sunny fruit on bleak days!|
|I can't get enough of my acrylics paints right now, I think these colours are gorgeous.|
|My first festive Starbucks of the year.|
|These are going to become pompoms.|
|I got Sharpies for my birthday!|
|New sewing box. Love.|
|Starting to make some fun things for Christmas.|
|And speaking of, this is going on my tree!|
It's been a fun week, but really busy. I went to visit my mum and bro, so I've spent the whole time eating chocolate and watching about a bazillion episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Oh, and it was my birthday too. Yay! Lots of presents and fun family time. I hope you've all had a good one.
Friday, 18 November 2011
This is a super easy crochet project that you can make pretty quickly, and tweak it so it's as long and as wide as you want.
01. Pick some yarn you love. I went for this bright green DK.
02. Pick a hook size you like. I used a 6.5mm hook as I wanted a fairly open weave and large stitches.
03. It's a circle scarf, so it's made to wrap. Leaving a long tail at the beginning, chain a multiple of four, plus three stitches, to the length you want. Wrap the chain around your neck to see that the length is right.
04. Make several rows of fishnet stitch, which will be the first half of the full width of the scarf.
05. Make another row just the same except with one less stitch before each single crochet into the arch - this will give you a nice even chain to make your dividing rows into.
06. To make it more interesting to look at, make a few rows of half-double crochet - making these stitches into the back loop will give a nice ribbed effect.
07. Resume fishnet stitch, and make the same number of rows as you made for the first half.
08. Make a final row of chain to give you a flat, straight edge as before.
09. Using the long tail you left, single crochet or slip stitch the short ends together.
NB. For instructions on how to make the fishnet stitch I used Debbie Stoller's Stitch n' Bitch: The Happy Hooker. It's my crochet bible! ♥
Wednesday, 16 November 2011
Monday, 14 November 2011
Sunday, 13 November 2011
|Some festive doodles.|
|It's been a happy week!|
|Spent some quality time at my desk|
|Love these, forgot I had them.|
|The brooch in action. And I love mustard yellow!|
|My new love.|
|Like strawberry with a hint of cough syrup. Yum.|
|Really inspired by Sufjan Stevens lately.|
Saturday, 12 November 2011
Friday, 11 November 2011
01. Choose felt in a cute colour, cut out a wide, fat rectangle and a thinner shorter one.
02. Pinch the fat one in the centre.
03. Pin to form a bow, add stitches to hold.
04. Wrap the thin rectangle around; pin and stitch.
05. Sew on a brooch back, and make a little anchor stitch to hold the bow in shape.
06. Wear and be gorgeous ♥
Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Just a flying visit to show you what I was up to this afternoon - making this little fella! He is a little handmade birthday gift for a workmate. You'll have to take my word for it, but I can tell you the likeness is uncanny!
I hope you're all having a fab, creative week!
Monday, 7 November 2011
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Saturday, 5 November 2011
Thursday, 3 November 2011
01. Pick a jacket you no longer wear. Bonus points for a cute lining!
02. Snippity-snip the arms.
03. Stitch up the arm holes!
04. Fold the jacket in on itself until it resembles a sausage!
05. Pin the edges together and over sew.
06. Deploy your new excluder and be warm!
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
Just a quickie today to show you my gorgeous new mini sewing kit - thanks to the eagle eyes of the wonderfully lovely Jane from Teawagon Tales who spotted it in the Boots catalogue! I had been blinded by the makeup, which is a recurring problem for me, I admit.
Ain't she beeyoodiful? ♥
Ain't she beeyoodiful? ♥