Wednesday 19 October 2011

Bird brain


I really like animal motifs and wanted to make some kind of accessory with that in mind, and this is what I came up with. This little birdie is made of felt and is very quick and easy to make. Here's what I did:


I drew a quick template and used it to cut two shapes out of different colours of felt - red on the back and blue for the front, cutting a little heart out of the front piece. Before joining them, I stitched a brooch back onto the back piece. Then I used some embroidery thread to overstitch one to the other. Simples!

I think I might make a deer next, I've been inspired by my own deer jumper!

2 comments:

  1. just lovely! i love birds, and i would use this one : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats such a sweet and simple thing of loveliness, I just got a load of felt in the post today...so I'm gonna make me one too! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I love looking at your blogs, too. If you ask a question I will most likely reply within this comments section so please do check back. Either way I like popping over to your blogs to say hello, too!